||Saturday September 28, 2013
||Embassy Suites Santa Clara - Silicon Valley
2885 Lakeside Drive
Santa Clara, CA 95054
||Christine Tanner and
||Friday, September 27, 2013
- 12noon-6pm: Set-up and drop-off for carry-ins (volunteers
only - but all are welcome to volunteer and help!)
Saturday, September 28, 2013
- 8am-noon: Judging (judges and volunteers only)
- noon-2:30pm: Show room open to the public
- 4pm-6pm: Auction and Raffle (including the Breeder's Cup Fish!)
A video of each show fish* will be shown at the same time it's up for
*as long as they’ll pose while filming ;D
There will also be a cash table open from noon until the end. Live
foods, indian almond leaves, bettas, and more will be available at the cash
||See and bid on bettas from famous Breeders:
- Sieg & Judy Illig
- Karen Mac Auley
- Yvonne Chaban
- and Many More!
Of Splendens, we will have Halfmoons, Crowntails, Doubletails, Plakat Show and
Plakat Traditional, and Variations.
Of Wild Bettas, we expect to channoides and others.
- IBC Show Entry Form - entry form and class list, different tabs (waiting
on 2013-2014 show year form)
|Show Mail In:
Attn: Jeremy Waugh
1255 Treat Blvd., STE 160
Walnut Creek, CA 94597
- Note: Please do NOT label your shipping boxes as "Live Fish".
We have had issues in the past with certain shipping companies holding
boxes marked in this manner. Label them as “Water Samples” or “Liquid –
Water” instead. (If you don’t mark them as water, they can also be held
up!) Please send your fish through the United States Postal Service if
at all possible. Note that sending through UPS or FedEx can result in
mishandling and/or delay.
- Mail-in entries need to arrive no later than 5 PM Thursday.
- Please pre-register all your show fish! Email your entry form to the show chair by Wednesday.
- Please include in the box a copy of your completed entry form, even if you have pre-registered.
Entry fees are on the sliding scale per current IBC standards. 1-20
entries - $1.50 each entry, 21-40 entries - $1.25 each entry, 41-60 entries
- $1.00 each entry. Please see the Excel entry form that breaks it down
(third tab). Pairs are considered a single entry on this scale.
Make checks payable to "California Betta Society".
PayPal is accepted; send PayPal payments to firstname.lastname@example.org
||CBS will need to receive a copy of your entry form, all fees, and return postage with your fish. Return postage and entry fees cannot and will not be deducted from auction proceeds. Please provide a return mailing label, empty bags, and heat packs (if desired) with your fish.
||All walk-in entries must come in during set-up on
Friday. No later than 8pm. Please notify the show chair when you will be
arriving with your fish. You must tell the show chair if
you are bringing walk-in entries! All walk-ins must be pre-registered.
Send pre-registrations to both
Christine Tanner and
All walk-ins must either pick up fish after the show or provide an insulated shipping box, bags, shipping address, and return postage.
||In addition to any show fish, entrants may also send Auction-Only fish. There is a maximum of no more than 15 auction-only fish per breeder. Unless marked on the entry form, auction fish have a minimum bid of $5.00.
Auction fish should include return postage - which will be refunded if unused. (You also have the option of donating any unsold fish to the club. We will make every effort to sell at auction, but we do not guarentee sales.)
Auction is for Bettas only (any species), aquarium plants, and food cultures. Dry goods (tanks, food, etc) are only accepted for walk-in (no mail ins).
|| The California Betta Society hosts a "Cash Table" as well as an
auction. The Cash Table is open all hours of the show and people can take
home items that they buy immediately. This option is there primarily for
people who may not be able to stay for the whole time so they can have a
chance to get some quality fish and items. Sellers of bettas and plants can
consider the Cash Table as similar to the "Buy it Now" feature on Aquabid.
Sellers can put a higher price on a Cash Table item, and then if it is
unsold by the time we get to the auction, it will be put in the auction for
the auction minimum bid. If any bettas or plants are still left after the
auction, they can then also be sold for the Cash Table price. This is a good
option for both sellers and buyers as it gives more flexibility in the
selling and who is able to take home the fish.
- Show Fish for Auction - 75% seller / 25% CBS
- Auction Only/Cash Table - 50% seller / 50% CBS
(includes all non-fish items such as plants, cultures, and dry goods)
||We will make every effort to sell all fish at auction, but we do not guarentee sales. Please include information about what you would like done with unsold items. Options are:
- Have them returned to you (providing you have included return shipping money) (default option)
- Reduce the price until they are sold (reduction at auctioneer's discretion)
- Club donation - generally, fish will be sold to club members at the next general meeting (option used if entrant has not provided money for return shipping)
||No results will be given over the phone. Show results will be posted online at the BetterBettas and CaliforniaBettas mailing lists no later than Monday evening.
Even if you can't come, send your fish for the Show or Action Only.
Your fish want to come to California!