||Saturday October 1, 2016
||Embassy Suites Santa Clara - Silicon Valley
2885 Lakeside Drive
Santa Clara, CA 95054
||Sam Tse and Larissa Williams
||Friday, September 30, 2016
- 11am-6pm: Set-up and drop-off for carry-ins (volunteers
only - but all are welcome to volunteer and help!)
Saturday, October 1, 2016
- 8am-noon: Judging (judges and volunteers only)
- noon-2:30pm: Show room open to the public
- 4pm-6pm: Auction and Raffle (including the Breeder's Cup Fish!)
A video of each show fish* will be shown at the same time it's up for
*as long as they’ll pose while filming ;D
There will also be a cash table open from noon until the end. Items such as live
foods, indian almond leaves, bettas, and more will be available at the cash
table for immediate purchase.
||David Spector, Christine Tanner, and Martin Eric
|Show Mail In:
292 Duarte Ct.
Milpitas, CA 95035
- Note: Please do NOT label your shipping boxes as "Live Fish".
We have had issues in the past with certain shipping companies holding
boxes marked in this manner. Label them as “Water Samples” or “Liquid –
Water” instead. (If you don’t mark them as water, they can also be held
up!) Please send your fish through the United States Postal Service if
at all possible. Note that sending through UPS or FedEx can result in
mishandling and/or delay.
- Mail-in entries need to arrive no later than 5 PM Thursday, September 29 and NO EARLIER than Tuesday, September 27. Entries which arrive prior to Tuesday will be shipped back and will NOT be entered in the show.
- You MUST pre-register all your show and auction fish! Email your entry form to the show chair, email@example.com (cc: firstname.lastname@example.org), by Tuesday, September 27. No entries will be benched if not pre-registered for the show.
- Please include in the box a copy of your completed entry form, even if you have pre-registered.
||CBS will need to receive a copy of your entry form, all fees, and return postage with your fish. Return postage and entry fees cannot and will not be deducted from auction proceeds. Please provide a return mailing label, empty bags, and heat packs (if desired) with your fish.
||All walk-in entries must come in during set-up on
Friday. No later than 6pm. Please notify the show chair when you will be
arriving with your fish. You must tell the show chair if
you are bringing walk-in entries! All walk-ins MUST be pre-registered.
Send pre-registrations to Sam Tse.
All walk-in entrants must either pick up fish after the show or provide an insulated shipping box, bags, shipping address, and return postage.
||For IBC members, entry fees are $2 per single entry and $3 per pair, with a limit of 50 entries. For non-IBC members, the fees are $4 per single entry and $6 per pair, with a limit of 10 entries for non-members.
Make checks payable to "California Betta Society".
PayPal is accepted; send PayPal payments to email@example.com
||In addition to any show fish, entrants may also send Auction-Only fish. There is a maximum of no more than 15 auction-only fish per breeder. Unless marked on the entry form, auction fish have a minimum bid of $5.00.
Auction fish should include return postage - which will be refunded if unused. (You also have the option of donating any unsold fish to the club. We will make every effort to sell at auction, but we do not guarentee sales.)
Auction is for Bettas only (any species), aquarium plants, and food cultures. Dry goods (tanks, food, etc) are only accepted for walk-in (no mail ins). All auction and cash table fish MUST be pre-registered!
|| The California Betta Society hosts a "Cash Table" as well as an
auction. The Cash Table is open all hours of the show and people can take
home items that they buy immediately. This option is there primarily for
people who may not be able to stay for the whole time so they can have a
chance to get some quality fish and items. Sellers of bettas and plants can
consider the Cash Table as similar to the "Buy it Now" feature on Aquabid.
Sellers can put a higher price on a Cash Table item, and then if it is
unsold by the time we get to the auction, it will be put in the auction for
the auction minimum bid. If any bettas or plants are still left after the
auction, they can then also be sold for the Cash Table price. This is a good
option for both sellers and buyers as it gives more flexibility in the
selling and who is able to take home the fish.
||All entrants are invited to donate a pair of bettas for our Breeder’s Cup Raffle. These pairs will be raffled during the show. The entrant whose pair sells the most raffle tickets will win a special prize!
- Show Fish for Auction - 75% seller / 25% CBS
- Auction Only/Cash Table - 50% seller / 50% CBS
(includes all non-fish items such as plants, cultures, and dry goods)
||We will make every effort to sell all fish at auction, but we do not guarentee sales. Please include information about what you would like done with unsold items. Options are:
- Have them returned to you (providing you have included return shipping money) (default option)
- Reduce the price until they are sold (reduction at auctioneer's discretion)
- Club donation - generally, fish will be sold to club members at the next general meeting (option used if entrant has not provided money for return shipping)
||No results will be given over the phone. Show results will be posted online at the BetterBettas and CaliforniaBettas mailing lists no later than Monday evening.
Even if you can't come, send your fish for the Show or Action Only.
Your fish want to come to California!